Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Next Step

So now I can pick up their feet, and I can move them back and forth without getting run over so Julia has me to go to work teaching them to lead.  That all went pretty well with Gracie, but Dixie is part mule, I'm sure of it. She absolutely refused to move at times, and when she did she didn't get in any hurry about it.  But I persisted and she eventually came along.  I've got to tell you, I worked in the snow and the rain, and the mud. I was going to win at this no matter what.

Here's a little clip of me leading Gracie.

Now I go to teaching them to bring their butt to me at the mount so that I can get on them without using a ladder.  I amazed myself here.  There were times however that I was pretty sure I wasn't ever going to accomplish it and there was a time or two that I thought Dixie was going to completely mow me down before she finally gave into me.   Here's a little clip of me trying!  Teaching Dixie to line up at the mount. Well, Whoo HoOO I did it.  I actually got them both to line up and stand still for me!  I think I'm about ready to hop on and go for a ride.  Yes?! Well, not quite!

No comments:

Post a Comment